Apr 23, 2013

Crocheting 2.0

I've rediscovered crocheting lately. And I'm starting it off with an unusual material --> VHS tape. I got the idea from Jen's Blog "My Make do and Mend Year".
My first project got published on the Kleiderkreisel Blog in German and this is my second project:



I started with a chain stitch and continued up with a slip stitch. It may look like it's on purpose now, but I actually tried to make a rectangle here... it just got slimmer and slimmer. But in the end it worked out as well.



The second part, about half the size. And also not a rectangle shape.



I chrocheted the two pieces together with a normal red yarn. Crocheted a botton hole and sewed on a button.



It's a clutch! I never wear clutches, but I'm still kind of proud of it. Maybe I'll try to sell it on Kleiderkreisel. It fit's my wallet, keys and cellphone perfectly.



I really enjoyed making this. Maybe the future husband didn't, because it actually makes a lot of noise, crackling and squeaking, and I chrocheted after dinner in front of the tv. Good thing he's not as noise sensitive as I am.

This post is part of Nina's Upcycling Tuesday and the Creadienstag.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...