Mar 2, 2015

Upcycling Fun ~ From Pants to Backpack!


I have wanted to try out one of my favorite upcycling youtuber coolirpa's backpack turorial for a while now and one lazy afternoon I scrolled through my Creativity Pinboard on Pinterest for ideas and found this to be the perfect craft. The husband had already asked me to make him a new bag, as his old one (also made out of an old pair of jeans -> he's got thighs from hell ;) is slowly falling apart.

So I picked these two pairs of pants from our broke clothes pile and cut them up according to Coolirpa's tutorial.
I ended up with these pieces and a bunch of scraps.
After preparing the zipper and sewing together the front of the backpack I got working on the handles. The ones from the videos didn't seem sturdy enough, so I figured out a way to make my own.


Turning that thing inside out (twice!) was a b*tch! But I made it. I sewed down the strap twice to flatten them and also to get the typical backpack straps.

And voila, we have a backpack! I accessorized it with a bunch of buttons and a robot zipper line and the husband wore it for the first time this last saturday when we went to the Berlin animal shelter for a fleamarket and to look at cute animals. Too bad we couldn't take any of them home as I am allergic to most of them and also I wouldn't want to keep an animal in an apartment on the top floor.

Here I told the husband to pose like someone's making a lot of noise like in this IT crowd scene, but he just wouldn't make the right gesture.
       

Isn't he a great model? And after all a real good sport, even though all that photo taking took some time to get used to for him. Thanks for being my love <3

This post will be part of the Upcycling TuesdayCreadienstag & Cord Cord Cord.

7 comments:

  1. Das ist ein toller Rucksack geworden. SUPER!!! Gefällt mir gut und dem Model steht er auch :)
    Liebe Grüße
    Gusta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vielen lieben Dank! Ich werde es ausrichten ;)

      Delete
  2. Really cute! I love the idea...now I just have to learn to sew!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I hope you do :D

      Delete
  3. Your husband is a great sport! I love the backpack and think you did a great job of choosing materials for it! Thanks for linking to the This Is How We Roll Link Party! I am sharing this on one of my social media channels! See you next Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? Thank you for your kind words and I really do enjoy your linkup and the people that share their crafts there.

      Delete
  4. Liebe Anni,
    schön, dass Du bei meiner Linkparty "Cord, Cord, Cord" dabei bist. Über einen Backlink zu meinem Blog würde ich mich sehr freuen!
    Liebe Grüße
    Mara Zeitspieler

    ReplyDelete

It seems like I'm doing all the talking here ;) What your opinion?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...