Apr 28, 2015

Our Thrifty & Crafty Wedding ~ Crafty Guestbook with Instax Polaroids


It was my Birthday one week before the wedding day and my friends surprised me with a brand new Instax Mini Polaroid camera. We had talked about borrowing one from a friend to have instant pictures for our guest book, but I guess they had other plans all along. The book was contributed by one of my bridesmaids and the craft supplies to decorate each guests page were all from my crafting stack. We had numerous pens in all sizes and colour, multiple stamps and stencils, a few colours of ink, some stickers and tons of masking tape. I also made a comic speech bubble with chalk foil on it, so the guests could write funny stuff for the pictures. And a couple of days before the wedding I made some photo props with cardboard and wooden skewers.

The guestbook table was always busy and our guests showed all kinds of creativity filling up the pages and taking pictures of themselves. Sadly a few people kept their polaroids instead of putting them into the guest book and some missed writing in it alltogether, but the ones who did were even more enjoyable and touching.
                         


                        
                         
                         
One of my best friends also made a Cupcake finger print guest poster, where guest could leave a sprinkle made by putting ink on their finger and pressing it on the cupcake's frosting!

I can only encourage everyone who enjoys crafting to have a little craft table like this where guests can show their creativity and leave a memory that lasts forever.
Check out my other crafty and thrifty projects for our wedding here.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...