Jan 18, 2016

Tea Bag Cookies for my Sherlock Special Viewing-Party


The Sherlock Special was finally screened on New Years Day, two years after the last season. I watched the Special on that day and got the Blu Ray to weeks later to watch it again. I invited a couple of my friends to watch with me and thought about what I coulb make as a treat. Tea was obvious, thought about making crumpets, because they are pretty british. But while I was searching Pinterest for ideas I found these awesome tea bag cookies with a Sherlock themed tea label.


So I downloaded the tea label image and copied it into a word document about 40 times in the size of a normal tea label.

Then I went on to make the cookies. Here's the recipe ( slightly altered version of the Batman cookie recipe):
250g flour (I used spelt wholewheat flour)
1 tbs baking powder
100g sugar (I used raw sugar)
100g margarine
100g apple sauce (as the egg substitute)
Zested skin of 2 lemons

Just mix up the dry ingredients and the wet ingredients seperately (margarine needs to be melted) and then mix the wet into the dry. Wrap into plastic foil and let rest in the fridge for one hour.
Roll out and cut the cookies. Bake for about 10 minutes at 200°. Definitely check up on them before that, because every stove is different!

Here's how I did the tea bag shapes:




After baking the cookies I attached them to the tea bag label with a string and the help of a hot glue gun, because I didn't have any liquid craft glue.

The next day I prepared a vegan chocolate frosting and dipped the cookies halway into the chocolate.

It was a bit of an effort to make these cookies, but it was definitely worth the reactions from my guests. I'm a sucker for puns myself, but the husband said it's not that funny... Moriar-Tea! Hah, everyone thought it was hilarious, well maybe not hilarious, but still funny.


We definitely had a blast at this viewing party and the Special is just superb! Moffat and Gatiss have really outdone themselves with this episode in my opinion. What did you think?

PS: Check out all these funky geeky crafts at the Nerd'n'Geek Linkparty <3
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...