May 30, 2016

Picturesque Month ~ 04'16


~ First Ice Cream of the Year! Well, actually it's a Froyo.
~ I'm a little obsessed with the vegan chef Attila Hildmann, because I love his recipes and almost own all of his cookbooks and now he sells his own food! I really love his vegan bolognese and it's just perfect for those lazy days where you just want something quick, but also healthy!
~ The husband and I visited a Korean barbecue street food market. I love trying out new cuisine.

~ I was the vacation replacement for my colleague, who is managing our classical sales department for four weeks, so as a proper replacement I visited a classical concert. It was a Yellow Lounge concert with the wonderful Hélène Grimaud introducing her new album Water featuring Schiller. 5/5 Bazooka Points for a wonderful atmostphere and it was so cool when Hélène and Schiller switched places for a song, so Schiller was on the piano and Hélène on the synthesizer.
~ We spontaneously decided to go to another Battles show. The first time we saw them was in a tiny venue in munich and it was one of the best concerts I ever went to, so the stakes were very high. But they didn't dissapoint! 4/5 Bazooka Points, but only cause the first one was so special!
~ And then there was Dransgal! A really promising young german act with influences of New Wave, Post-Punk and Indie-Pop. 5/5 Bazooka points for this 22 year old's stellar performance at his record release show in Berlin.

~ I did a little concert hopping again and went to the Vertigo Label Night after the Drangsal record release show, where I saw the beautiful Sara Hartman. 4/5 Bazooka Points for keeping her cool when the sound system failed.
~ I won tickets for the Social Movie Night with Bad Neighbours 2! It was a really cool event even though we had to hand over our cell phones again and wait forever for the beginning, but we were compensated with a hilarious intro with Seth Rogen and Chloë Grace Moretz in person! They also invited the actor's german voice actors and Seth Rogen thought that was so awesome and also super weird, he was so freaked out! The film was alright, but the best part was the aftershow party at the House of Weekend rooftop club with free drinks (in red cups, college style) and an awsome view over Alexanderplatz. They also had this vodka fointain with a pissing statue that was triggered by using the hashtag on instagram. Too bad it was a weeknight, otherwise we would have probably drunk too much.
~ LEGO Batman at the movie theatre. Can't wait for the movie! Loved the LEGO movie!

~ It was finally nice enough outside for me to want to fix up the balcony. There's always so much junk to clean up after the winter, but I got it all done in one afternoon.
~ I fixed up these wooden boxes with a bit of coppe spray paint and stacked them on top of each other to make a little shelf next to our comfy balcony chair. Perfect for resting your wine glass while enjoying a bit of evening sun.
~ Did a little bit of colouring in the sun. I found this Harry Potter colouring book at the thrift store and I think it's from before the movies, because everyone looks exactly like in the books and Peeves is in it as well.

~ More thrift finds! I went to one of my favorite thrifting places and found this cute Hello Kitty suitcase(1€), two Polly Pockets(1€ each) and a couple of LotR Kinder surprise figurines(1€ for 4).
~ Pimped my bike! My brother got me this freaky new bike seat and it's pretty awesome. It's like riding on a cloud, no more butt aches :D
~ Winter is coming! Got a new blanket with fake fur and the first thing the husband does is pretend to be the Lord of Winterfell... how cool is the new Game of Thrones Season though? So sad about the recent loss though... stupid door...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...